Analytical / Critical Reflection


Reflecting on my journey during Day One of the effective communications module, I believed that I have lacked the knowledge to write well and to effectively deliver speeches. Within a short period of 13 weeks in this module, I have gained knowledge such as being able to paraphrased and summarized an article. I have learned the importance of delivering clear and factual information for my project which contributed to improving my written reports. As for both the mock presentation and actual presentation, it has helped me to stretch my ability to continuously perform better. Even though this has come to an end, I will keep on practicing in improving my writing and effectively communicate with others. 

The journey in preparing a detailed report has been challenging. The main challenge that my team have faced was putting in the amount of content in our report. The advantage of producing our report was my working experience in the transportation industry. I have shared my knowledge with my team in contributing to research the relevant information needed for our report. With the guidance from my team, I have learned the importance of the information written in the report and presenting your project to the audience. While reaching at the end of the tunnel, I am glad to have had the opportunity to work with my team which we had pulled through in producing a quality report. Well done! 

As an audience of the Presentation Showcase, all of the teams have presented their ways of being sustainable under the engineering genre. I felt that Energy Savers have captured my attention during their opening presentation with a story about being sustainable. Their story was about our small action to save a starfish for a day creates an impact on the environment. Energy Savers have provided innovative ideas in being sustainable such as relying on Automated Intelligence and providing adequate information to support their project. The implementation of its proposal made the presentation a success which made me want to know more about the content of this project. 


Commented on :
Syahiran, Jordon, Alfian


Comments

  1. Hi Baizurah,

    I am happy for your learning in effective communication. It was my pleasure reading your blog posts for the past 13 weeks. Keep up the good work!

    I am glad to know that you enjoyed my team's presentation.

    Cheers,
    Lu Sheng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baizurah,

    I am glad to have learnt about your takeaways from this module. May the knowledge you gained over the past few months be part of your success in the future!


    Best regards,

    Jordon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Baizurah,

    Thank you for this detailed reflection and for your great effort throughout the term. I appreciate how much you have done for your project team in terms of providing a workplace perspective. It was a pleasure working with you.

    All the best as you continue your learning journey at SIT.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts